Re: Connect to wrong database using SQL net!

From: <eswar_oracle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 03:55:15 GMT

Hello

Is your two databases running on same server. If so check

services in control panal which one is running (TNS Listener 8 or just Listener). Onlly one will run.

Go to Start -> run-> LSNRCTL-> you will get DOS scrren. Type for status

it will give you the services running (Basically SID's), if you didn't see any one

then manually edit the file in Oracle_home->Net80->Admin-> lISTENER.ORA file THEN EDIT ACCORDINGLY Add SID

    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = PROD)
    )
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = DEVT) But be carefull editing this file. As a safer side copy listener file to a temp directory before you do any thing with this file. Even if any thing goes wrong you can put it back and start.

Also check youe sqlnet about hoststring whethere you are pointing to correct database

All the best

Eswar