The performance of PLSQL cartridge in OAS4 Web Toolkit

From: Peizhong Wu <wupz_at_engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:20:34 +0000

Hi,

I am using Oracle 8.0.5 and Oracle Application Server 4.0.7.

I create a web site based on PLSQL cartridge. In this application, all the html files are created dynamically by the stored procedures in DB. However, it is so slow that make it useless.

There may be some tunning I should do in DB side, but I am wondering if the PLSQL stored procedures takes too much resource of Oracle DB?

The first glance of the system usage give me the impression that the CPU is overloaded, almost 100% busy, while IO is idle. The machine I use is : SUN Ultra Sparc I. with 384MB memory.

Does anyone have similar experience? If I use PERL, will I increase the performance?

Thanks

Peizhong
University of Michigan Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 12:20:34 CST