OAS 3 Web Toolkit: How to create dependent LOVs?

From: John Haskins <76054.334_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:42:59 -0800

Howdy, Web experts. Show your skill by helping me create a form with LOVs whose contents have a master-detail relationship!

I am using OAS 3 and need to create a Web form that includes a pair of LOVs, which I have created using the htp.formSelectOpen command. Now comes the tricky part: I want to filter the contents of the second LOV based on the choice the user makes in the first one. I've scoured the Oracle docs, the Oracle Press OAS Web Toolkit Reference, and even a manual from Oracle's ILT class, and haven't found an answer to this. I would greatly appreciate any assistance on making this work.

Here is the code I have, which produces a single LOV based on a table:

CREATE OR REPLACE procedure PROJECT_PROC AS

    cursor CURSOR_PROJECT is

       select distinct PROJECT_ID
       from   PROJECT_TASK
       order by PROJECT_ID;

BEGIN
    htp.htmlopen;
        htp.headopen;
            htp.title('Project / Task Selection');
        htp.headclose;
        htp.bodyopen;
            htp.header(1, 'Project / Task Selection');
            htp.formOpen('performSearch');
                htp.formSelectOpen('PROJECT_ID', 'Please select the Project:
');
                for I in CURSOR_PROJECT loop
                    htp.formSelectOption(I.PROJECT_ID);
                end loop;
            htp.formSelectClose;
        htp.formClose;

    htp.bodyclose;
htp.htmlclose;
END;
/

Thanks very much. Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 15:42:59 CST