Re: how to disconnect a client session after a certain idle time?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:27:07 GMT

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 13:01:27 +0100, "Jan-Marten Spit" <j.m.spit_at_uptime.nl> wrote:

>Yes,
>use profiles.
>
>For example,
>
>create profile test limit idle_time 10; (10 minutes)
>
>alter user system profile test;
>
>and finally:
>
>add the line RESOURCE_LIMIT=TRUE to your init.ora. Restart database for this
>option to take effect.

The only problem with this PROFILE aproach is that the database will not disconnect the session that has been idle for more than <idle_time> minutes automaticaly. The disconnection will take place only after the session isues the first call to the database after this <idle_time>. In other words, if the session is left inactive forever it will stay connected to the database forever (or better said, until DBA kills it or shuts the database down).

>JM

Regards,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 14:27:07 CST