Re: select rowid through dblink from oracle7 to 8

From: Madhu Bandireddy <nilu_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:40:03 -0500

Use the DBMS_ROWID package which is created by dbmsutil.sql which in turn is created by executing the catproc.sql script. This script creates

many stored procedured for manipulating ROWIDs.The DBMS_ROWID functions for migration are :

1) ROWID_TO_EXTENDED ( )  It converts 7 rowid format to 8.
2) ROWID_TO_RESTRICTED ( ) coverts 8 rowid format to 7.
3) ROWID_VERIFY ( ) tells u whether or not  oracle 7 rowid can be
converted to 8 using the first function.

Nilima