Re: Migrating from Sybase

From: Arun Shastry <arun_at_accentsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:38:47 -0500

I recently migrated a Sybase 11.0.3 system to Oracle 7.3.4. I used Oracle's gateway for Sybase...works like a charm. All you need to do is run a SQL from oracle to create a script that's something like 'create table <table_name> as select * from <table_name>@sybase'. Oracle takes care of the datatype conversions and such.

Good luck,
Arun