Help on exporting tables

From: Khue Pham <Khue.Pham_at_Waterloo.NCR.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:19:15 -0500

Hi everyone:

I am trying to export tables from one database and import them back to another. I have no problem with the exporting table ( or schema associates with an user ). However, when I import the tables to the new database then it complains about missing users and roles ( error ORA-01917 ). My question is:

  1. How do I know who is associate with which tables ( in the source database )?
  2. Can I export the users/roles that assoicate with the tables on the source database and import them to the destination database before I import the tables ?
  3. In case I can not export the users/roles then what I should do to move tables from a database to another with the condition that all users associate to those tables are also be on the destination database?. I know how to do it manually but it is so painful to do so.

All your helps are appreciated in advance.

Please reply to Khue.Pham_at_Waterloo.NCR.COM

Best regards,

Khue Dinh Pham Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 13:19:15 CST