Re: Question about Oracle 7.3.3 and DB2

From: Marcus N Hofer <markus_at_tk136248.telekabel.at>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:58:40 GMT

Hi,

   it seems that Your stored procedure references a database object that uses a DB link that has been dropped once. this could be a remote object like 'my_objectname_at_some_location', or a synonym referencing this object! if You do not find the @ sign in the line of code that throws the
error it is most likely a synonym. dictionary 'user_synonyms' shows the database link of the synonym (if it references a remote object). when You find the reference to the broken DB link, recreate it.

note: every time You compile or recompile a procedure with db_links, oracle will look up the referenced remote objects, what means establishing connections, maybe dialing up and so on! this is why I built myself 'loopback
synonyms' when I just intended to alter my procedures.

regards,
--marcus

BTW: does Your DB2 gateway link to an AS400? if so: what about was the price for it?

sundarc_at_yahoo.com schrieb in Nachricht <7db0ro$8e7$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...