Re: Help - lost rollback files

From: Peter Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:05:21 -0800

The note at the end should have been marked in some way to show its importance. There is a note available from Support (included in the back of the Oracle8 Backup and Recovery Workshop notes from Education) which details its use, but here's the big proviso:

Once you have opened the database with this set it should be rebuilt via export / import. This stops us looking at any rollback segment which is listed as corrupted. Hence ****transactions are implictly committed.****

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA