Oracle Licensing on Linux

From: Vijay Mayadas <vijay_at_adzi.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:20:55 -0000

I'm rather confused as to how Oracle charge for licensing on Linux wrt to connections. In the case of Sybase ASE on Linux, you can have any number of concurrent connections at no extra cost. How much do more do I have to pay over the $1300 for 100 concurrent connections using Oracle?

This is particularly important as I am using Oracle to develop an Internet application which could have up to 100 concurrent connections to the database (all under the same logon of course).

Can someone give me an indication as to whether I need to pay more for this?

Thanks

Paul Received on Thu Mar 25 1999 - 09:20:55 CST