Re: Cannot shutdown database normal!!!

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:43:31 -0500

Hi,

    In my last job we had the same problem. In our case we were using a PC in the computer room as though it were a console for the NT server located in the server room. It turns out that as far as Oracle was concerned our "console" was really a terminal with its own session. We were able to do a shutdown normal or immediate from the server's keyboard and screen, but not from anyplace else.

regards

Jerry Gitomer