Re: How do I check for full tablespaces?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 07:36:32 -0500

Mike,

    As soon as the bookstores open up for the day go and pick up a copy of the DBA Handbook by Kevin Loney. You will find the information you need in the book.

    Now as to your immediate problem ... check both the dba_tablespaces and dba_data_files tables. Between them you should be able to determine the size of the datafile and how much space in the datafile is actually in use. You will then be able to derive the free space. (Sorry, I can't be more specific -- I am at home and my scripts and books are at work and since I just upgraded my home system and haven't installed Oracle yet I am working from my unreliable memory.

But don't worry if I screwed up tens (perhaps hundreds) of people will rush to tell the world what a dumb jerk I am.

regards

Jerry Gitomer