Re: Oracle and ADO

From: D.M. <xyzzy_at_billthecat.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:53:10 -0600

In article <gOcK2.356$004.133_at_news.flash.net>, mmazocar_at_flash.net says...
> Has anyone had trouble getting a Recordset back from Oracle 8.0 using Active
> Server Pages and ADO?
>
> I am writing the code on a Window NT 4.0 Server with SP4, IIS 4.0, MSDAC 2.0
> and IE 4.01.
>

> I can connect to the Oracle database just fine. I don't receive any errors,
> just an empty record set.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Michael Azocar
> Austin TX

How are you accessing the database with ADO. The MS provided OLEDB provider or via ODBC? If ODBC then go to the oracle web page and download version 8.0.5.3 of the Oracle ODBC drivers. These will work with the OLEDB to ODBC bridge nothing prior to 8.0.5.1 will...

Good luck

Mike Mattix
dmmattix_at_earthlink.net Received on Wed Mar 24 1999 - 20:53:10 CST