Blobs and Oracle 8.0.5 problems

From: Stephanie <steph2000_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:30:41 -0800

We're using BLOBS and are having problems. The problem is that the developer trying to do this gets an "end of communication channel", the session still shows active on the Oracle database, but there's a core dump from Oracle.

We're using Oracle 8.0.5 with the latest patch (8.0.5.1.3) on NT 4.0 and Developer version 1.6.1 (NT 4.0) with the Dec patch.

We use a BLOB in a table in the database to store something (this happens to be a MS word document). We read the file out to the OS, use the UTL file utiltity to try to open the file, read a chunk from the blob, convert it from bin to hexdec, write this to a file and then convert it back from hexdec to bin (the conversion is done using a "C" program).

any ideas? I'd appreciate any feedback!

Stephanie Received on Wed Mar 24 1999 - 15:30:41 CST