Re: Help jdbc performance sloooow...

From: Stephen Tenberg <STenberg_at_fcs-usa.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:38:16 GMT

I have only used JDBC a little, so I am not as familiar with it as ODBC.

But I can tell you that with ODBC, you can ask for a huge batch of records at once
(say 500) with each fetch, and that makes a dramatic (i.e., 10 to 1 sometimes) difference in speed.

I'm assuming JDBC has a similar ability, but I am not certain. Clearly transferring one row at a time is not a good thing...

Steve