Re: ORACLE 8.0.3.0.0 is extremely slow vs SQL7 for medium database

From: Vitaliy Mogilevskiy <vit100gain_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 08:56:36 -0800

Hi Julian,

You can not tell the table to use a specific RBS, but you can MAKE IT, by taking all other RBS OFFLINE and just living the BIG_ONE online:

you can do this by removing their names from the INIT.ORA file which is located in %ORACLE_HOME%\database\ <---- NT

               %ORACLE_HOME%/dbs/ < ---- UNIX or you can issue this comand in SQLPLUS: SQL> alter rollback segment <RBS_NAME> offline;

Good Luck !

Vitaliy Mogilevskiy