support for "Inner Join", "Outer Join" etc...

From: Franklin <sbecker_at_shaw.wave.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:06:07 -0700

We are working on an application that is using MS SQL Server 6.5 as a dataserver right now. Our intentions are to make it Oracle compliant as the software will be commercial and will be required to run on an Oracle server. My question is:

How are joins performed in oracle? Currently, I am using ANSI 92 standard (ie: itemdetail i inner join itemdetailxrefreqdetail ix)

Does Oracle 8.0 support this join? Does it support "*=" or "+="

TIA Scott Becker (scott.becker_at_veco.com)
Programmer/Analysist
VECO Engineering
Calgary, AB, Canada
403-218-4502 Received on Wed Mar 24 1999 - 11:06:07 CST