Re: Installing 8.0 with 7.3.4

From: Mike Mountjoy <michael_at_london.virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:28:14 -0000

I've done this, though ,under two seperate users on the same solaris box and it
worked like a dream. The only point where both installtions encounter eachother is in the oratab file
which contains details of what is running on a box for restart init scripts and the like. I ran two listeners
on different ports ,but, they should both run from a single listener.

Installing under a single user would be a real messy business. In fact avoid it.

I just needed a complete build setup for both ora 7 and ora8

Hope this might be a help.