Re: SQL*Loader question

From: Gerrit-Jan Linker <gjlinker_at_litconsulting.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:21:13 -0000

Hi,

>I am trying to load data from a simple text file (variable length
>comma separated fields) into a single table.

You can use my Oraxcel utility for this. It allows you to use Excel as front-end to Oracle databases.

To solve your problem you could read the file into Excel. Do a parse text to columns on the data and then use my Oraxcel utility to get it all into Oracle. Oraxcel provides a multi insert feature to upload a full spreadsheet of data into Oracle in one go.

For more information about Oraxcel and for information how to download it please see

http://members.aol.com/gjlinker

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker Received on Tue Mar 23 1999 - 16:21:13 CST