Re: listener.log

From: Kumar, Sai (EXCHANGE:PERPK:3374) <saikumar_at_nortel.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:30:39 -0500

Vizváry Péter wrote:

> Hello,
> help please...
> In Oracle 8.0.5 $ORACLE_HOME/network/log/listener.log I see a line
> <date time> * service_update * <SID> * 0
> in every 10 min. What should I do, if I don't want to see this?
>
> I also find a line when a user connects:
> <connect informations> * establish * 0
> but about disconnecting there is nothing. Is it possible to log
> disconnecting?
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

Peter,

I had a similar problem. This is what I did to stop the listener.log from growing :-

lsnrctl>set log_status off

This stopped the listener.log getting
filled up with the service information. I don't know if this is the only way,
but it did solve my problem.

Thanks
Sai Received on Tue Mar 23 1999 - 10:30:39 CST