Re: database link

From: <tonyadolph_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:31:57 GMT

You need to use:

create database link dblink
connect to billusr01 identified by billusr01 using 'connect_string';

Where connect_string is a valid entry in the tnsnames.ora file. i.e. on the a valid entry on the server machine and not the client machine.

If you dont use connect to .... then you will be connected with your current username and passwd.

Hope this is useful

Tony Adolph