Re: Async I/O

From: opus <opus_at_nospam.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:27:51 -0500

Again, I thank all for responding as everyone has been very helpful:

David, one more question if I could and some clarifications. I am using VxFS on HP but I just reference it as JFS. Further to that the database files are on a RAID5 configuration.

You say the behavior is UNKNOWN but then you say data integrity isn't a problem and you don't get any performance gain to begin with. If the behavior is unknown isn't this a contradiction? I know you work for Veritas so how about some thoughts "Off the Record" then...

Opus