[Fwd: Pro*C libraries required for 8.0.4]

From: Marc Mazerolle <informaze_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 14:39:03 -0500

attached mail follows:

Damian,

Try this makefile (and makeparm.mk) with oci02.c demo program. If this does not work, it is very close to. I could not test since i don't have Oracle 8. I used the same method i used two weeks ago on 7.3.2.3 with very similar makefiles.

Just copy these two files in a directory and copy the "oci02.c" demo program into it also. Then try by typing "make".

NOTE: all files should be saved as lower case upon receiving.

Please let me know if it worked or not. Many people on the list requested we send them the final result. You can produce the output of the error (or errors) by typing "make >make.err 2>&1" to send back if it does not work and i'll be able to find out what mistake i made.

Regards

Marc Mazerolle
InforMaze Technologies

dhogan_at_mmal.com.au wrote:

     Hi Marc,

     I have attached the mk files from rdbms directory and also the precomp

     directory. The env_..mk files appear to be similar(but not identical).

     My main problem is creating a MAKERULES files which is then used by

     all Makefiles.

     I appreciate your help, Marc.

     Damian.

_________________________________

Subject: Re: Pro*C libraries required for 8.0.4 Author: Marc Mazerolle <informaze_at_sympatico.ca> at MMALHQ01 Date: 04/1/99 16:21

Damian,

I have just completed the same exercice on Oracle 7.3.2.3 using the .mk files
of the demos. If u can send the oracle.mk (from $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo directory) and env_rdbms.mk (from $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib directory), i should
be able to rapidly re-create a simplified makefile from thoses. This is the
same problem we had when upgrading from 6 to 7.1.6 and then from 7.1.6 to
7.3.2.3. It's a pain each time. I'll keep a copy for my upgrade to 8 come
summer 99.

Regards,

Marc Mazerolle
InforMaze Technologies.

dhogan_at_mmal.com.au wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody got a list of the new Oracle Libraries required for
Pro*C
> after upgrading from 7.1.6 to 8.0.4. I am using only static
libraries,
> and I am currently using the 'trial-and-error' method, which
isn't
> working too well. The loadmap keeps referring to shared objects
like
> libc_r.a[aio.o] and libodm.a[shr.o]. The Oracle demo make files
> contain both static and shared library implementations in the one
make
> file, and are very confusing.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>

> Damian Hogan
> Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to oracle as: informaze_at_sympatico.ca

> or visit the Oracle mailing list on the Web at:
> http://lyris1.telelists.com/htbin/lyris.pl?enter=oracle
<http://lyris1.telelists.com/htbin/lyris.pl?enter=oracle&text_mode=0> &text_mode=0

                      Name: FileItem.txt
   FileItem.txt       Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
                  Encoding: 7bit

                    Name: RFC822.TXT
   RFC822.TXT       Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
                Encoding: 7bit

                     Name: env_rd~1.mk
   env_rd~1.mk       Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
                 Encoding: 7bit

                     Name: env_pr~1.mk
   env_pr~1.mk       Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
                 Encoding: 7bit

                     Name: demo_r~1.mk
   demo_r~1.mk       Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
                 Encoding: 7bit

                     Name: demo_p~1.mk
   demo_p~1.mk       Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
                 Encoding: 7bit

  • application/x-unknown-content-type-mk_auto_file attachment: Makeparm.mk