Connect to wrong database using SQL net!

From: <yngm_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 02:41:17 GMT

Hi, We have two databases with sid UAT and PROD which installed on NT4.0 service with Service Pack 4. We use listener 2.3.4 to listen the two database. The UAT database is oracle enterprise server 8.0.5.1 and the PROD is 7.3.4. We connect the PROD using SQL+ 3.3.4 by use loginname/password_at_prod, however, we can't connect PROD.However, if we use username/password_at_prod where the username is the user of UAT and it can connect to UAT but not PROD even we use @prod i.e. we connect to the wrong database. Moreover, some time later, we can connect to PROD correctly, but we don't know why and when? Please help! TIA.

Best Regrads,
Man