Re: HELP! Running SQLPlus in batch

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:58:00 +0100

Hi Mark,
The only problem there should be hardcoded username passwords in shell scripts.
The only precaution: Make sure . oraenv runs somehow before sqlplus is started

two methods:
sqlplus -s username/password_at_database @<name of plus script> or
sqlplus -s username/password_at_database <<EOD ....
EOD
Note: piping and filtering works as expected.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA