Should key be number, varchar2[8] or varchar2[32]???

From: Randall J. Parr <rparr_at_temporal.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:56:19 -0600

I have a code column, CountryCd, which is a component of the primary key of several different tables.

I'm trying to compate the overhead, performance, etc. of using a number(6,0), a varchar2[8], or a varchar2[32] for this column.

I have a handle on the raw table size difference. I'm more concerned with how the differences effect query performance, index size,/performance, etc.

R.Parr
Temporal Arts Received on Mon Mar 22 1999 - 10:56:19 CST