Re: Database Parameters and Redo Log Contention

From: Gary Corless <gary.corless_at_gen.friendsfirst.ie>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:27:28 -0000

Kristiaan J. Kolk wrote :<akolk_at_gelrevision.nl>

>In a way these sizings don't really matter. Redo log operations and
recovery
>are (mostly) limited by I/O (how fast can I read and write to my disks). So
>placement of files is very important.

I'm currently using RAID 0+1 to spread I/O across 4 disks, however we are budgeted for 8 disks when we get near the production stage.

A big Thank you to all.

I have set my parameters as follows and will get back to you in the near future to tell ye how it went.

log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
db_block_buffers = 40960
log_buffer = 4096000
redo log size = 12,880 K (20 groups >> 250M) db_block_checkpoint_batch = 8 (default) write batch = (db_files*db_file_simultaneous_writes)/2 = (20*4)/2 = 40

gary Received on Mon Mar 22 1999 - 04:27:28 CST