Re: Oracle 8.03 Enterprise Manager Login as DBA

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:31:51 +0100

While sysdba is a special privilege granted through the password file. remote_login_passwordfile init.ora parameter should be either shared or exclusive, the default is none. In the former case only SYS and INTERNAL will have sysdba privilege, in the latter case any account can be granted sysdba privilege. This can be done by grant sysdba to <user> and verified by select * from v$pwfile_users.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA