Re: URGENT: Control File question - For Gurus

From: Allan Kelly <ac_kelly_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:40:10 GMT

Van Messner is right. Jurij gave you the straight scoop. I've had this happen before and the procedure Jurij describes does work. BTW, it doesn't hurt to occasionally use the command "ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE" and archive off somewhere the .TRC file generated (maybe onto a floppy kept in your briefcase - it's really small). Within this file is the complete CREATE CONTROLFILE statement needed to create all your controlfiles from scratch as well as your REDO log files.

Allan