Re: datafile

From: Greg Vitetzakis <ggv007_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 07:57:38 -0500

The datafile is the Physical File on which a Tablespace resides on. A tablespace can span over
several datafiles. A tablespace cannot exist onless theirs a datafile unless you use raw devices
as oppose to a file system.

Tables are created and they reside on one tablespace and only one tablespace. If you don't
mention which tablespace it will use the default tablespace that is associated to the user
lauching the create table ... command.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Greg