Re: HELP: MTS_DISPATCHERS syntax

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 06:59:37 +0100

Don't know why they have changed that, ipc doesn't seem to be allowed as MTS address anymore.
This does make sense to me, as IPC is interprocess communication, so on the server only. You will need dedicated connections on the server, as SYSDBA based operations are not allowed with MTS (ie shutting the database). I assume you want MTS on TCP/IP. In this case the dispatcher should read "tcp,1", and the listener address, the usual listener address for tcp/ip

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA