Bitmap index performance

From: Lee Miller <DataAware_at_email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 10:51:28 -0500

Hello, I recently ran a test comparing queries that have bitmap indexes on multi-million row table and then converting them back to non-bitmap indexes. The columns seemed to be good candidates for bitmap (ie. year_month, also another on brand). However, I noticed that the query performance was pretty much identical. I reviewed the query plans and confirmed that the indexes were indeed being used. We are using 8.0.4.1 on HPUX. Are there specific initora parameters that I should review?

tia,
Lee Received on Sat Mar 20 1999 - 09:51:28 CST