Will a sqlnet connection survive a fork?

From: Roy Smith <roy_at_popmail.med.nyu.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:55:22 -0500

I've got an application I want to write on a Digital Unix system using sqlnet which (for complicated reasons) will need to fork after opening the sqlnet connection and logging into the database. The parent process will then exit, leaving the child behind to continue to use the existing sqlnet connection.

Is this possible? Will a sqlnet connection survive a fork?

--
Roy Smith <roy_at_popmail.med.nyu.edu>
New York University School of Medicine Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 15:55:22 CST