HELP: How can I get WebAppServer 3.0 to connect to a remote database?

From: P.J.D. Huiberts <huiberts_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 20 Mar 1999 05:34:05 GMT

Hi,
For over a week now i try to get a report deploid on the web, that is based on a remote non-Oracle database. Oracle support is not able to explain to to get it worked.

Here is some background about what i can do. I can succesfully deploy an oracle report based on a local oracle database table. I can launch a report based on a non-oracle table, using ODBC through the report client software.
What I also discovered is that if I try to get the report based on non-oracle table, that the webAppServer/repserver?? tries to find it at the local machine which is obviously not ok.

Question: Is there anybody out there that has experieces in this area???????

Many thanks. Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 23:34:05 CST