Re: URGENT: Control File question - For Gurus

From: Denny Koovakattu <denny_vk_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 22:52:08 GMT

Miary,

  If you loose your current controlfile, the only option is incomplete recovery. But while recovering use the 'using backup controlfile' clause and you will be able to recover to the last archive log. There will not be any loss of data unless you loose your online redo logs or any of the archive logs required for recovery. HTH.

Denny