Re: Installing 8 software on machine running 7 instance

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_nospam.richard-schneider.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 23:22:59 +0100

Hi sb!

sb wrote:

> We need to install Oracle 805 on a machine (solaris 2.6) with an
> existing install and instance running 7.3; does the 7.3 instance need
> to be shut down for proper relinking fo the 8 install?
> We would like to be able to just change the environment variables for
> the 8.0.5 installation, but are unsure whether it's possible.

As far as I understand Oracle it is absolutely not necessary to manipulate your existing 7.3 instance. Just provide a different ORACLE_HOME and a different ORACLE_SID and everything should be fine.

Uwe

--

Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7251 / 82587
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    pi_at_richard-schneider.de

Linux - OS al dente! Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 16:22:59 CST