OWAS virtual path to a shared drive

From: Scott Barbarick <sbarbarick_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 13:44:03 -0700

Hi -

We're using Oracle 8.0.4 with OWAS 3.0.1.0 on NT. I need to access the file system on another box from the web server. I have shared the directory and mapped it to a drive letter from the OS. When I create the virtual mapping from the listener administration page and start the listener, I get a "unable to scan directory" error. This seems like a permissions issue. I tried changing the FS permissions on the share from read-only to read-write with no effect. This seems pretty straight forward. Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Scott Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 14:44:03 CST