Re: Database Parameters and Redo Log Contention

From: John Vernes <vernes.j_at_consunet.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:57:42 +0100

Hasso Brück wrote

>AND INCREASE log_buffer size !
>At least to 1.5 of biggest logfile size.

Why would you want the log_buffer size to be 1.5 times the biggest redo logfile size???

In this case that would be 16Mb. I think that'll be a bit much.

To me that makes no sense at all. I think you should let this depend on your transactions.
How much data do you process before you issue a commit?? You say 5000 transactions and 50Mb redo --> 10k per transaction (read COMMIT).
A log_buffer of 1Mb will often be more than enough. The other memory could serve other
purposes.

-John Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 13:57:42 CST