Re: session_roles does not work inside of procedure

From: <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:22:51 GMT

In article <7crt5p$cep$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   v6turbo_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> Question :
>
> How come I can not get any tuples to appear from the
> session_roles view inside a procedure? I get all that
> I need outside a procedure on the command line, just not
> through the procedure.
>
> Keith
> Keith_Monton_at_wstnres.com

Roles are disabled in stored and packaged procedures as these execute as the owner of the code. The owner of the code needs direct grants to select, insert, update, delete, or execute any referenced objects so a third party user needs only execute on the referenced code to accomplish whatever it is that the stored code does. Unnamed pl/sql blocks execute with the user's priviledges.

Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --