Implementing profiles in 7.3.4.3

From: Jonathan Ingram <jonathan.ingram_at_miname.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 06:01:00 GMT

I recently implemented an idle time profile in my 7.3.4.3 databases and my users began reporting occurrences of ORA-06508 (PLSQL: unable to find program unit being called). Investigation revealed that the program unit being called did indeed exist and was indeed valid, but before it could be called it had to be recompiled.

Once I issued an "alter system set resource_limit = false;", the errors stopped. Throughout the whole experience, nothing untoward was generated in the alert logs of the databases in question.

The operating system is Sun Solaris 2.5.1. I haven't set resource_limit to true in my databases on the AIX machine, so I don't know if the problem exists there or not.

Oracle says that this problem has never been reported before.

Has anyone else had a similar experience while implementing a profile? Replies to both the newsgroup and via e-mail are appreciated.

Jonathan Ingram
jonathan.ingram_at_miname.com
(Remove the first "m" from "miname.com" to reply.) Received on Fri Mar 19 1999 - 00:01:00 CST