Re: Database dynamic Web site?

From: Stephen Tenberg <STenberg_at_fcs-usa.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:46:11 GMT

There are countless ways of doing this - at least 10 come to mind. My personal favorite is Java Servlets - they are easy to write, and work well with the Oracle JDBC driver. I use Java Web Server from Sun (Solaris or NT), an and the JDBC Oracle driver is on the Oracle installation CD.

Other solutions are possible such as CGI (bad choice because there is a database login every hit), proprietary programming API's such as ISAPI/NSAPI, as well as many other approaches.

The Java Servlet approach works best for me because all the DB access is server side (i.e., fast and reliable) and the servlet is such an elegant and open solution.

Stephen

<08%H2.27591$Mb.14952328_at_newscontent-02.sprint.ca>...