Re: OCP DBA 8 skills enough for real world ?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.n-o-s-p-a-m.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:15:32 +0000

No way, IMHO.

I've used Oracle for 10 years+ as a DBA and developer, and I only did my OCP DBA for 7 & 8 just in case some bullshitter at an interview brought it up as a minus point. I thought I'd kill that excuse dead in it's tracks.

So no, the OCP does not cover anything like the real-world experience you need. Still, it's a good place to start.

Steve Phelan.