Re: 8i NOT include JVM? An "option"?

From: Rob Edgar <robedgar_at_mersey.com.hk>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 00:05:13 +0800

I dont have any info on this but it really doesnt surprise me, we just upgraded from 733 to 805 and now I find that varray, nested tables, advance message queue and objects are all "features of the enterprise edition" some are evn only options of the enterprise edition. Its hard to find a single feature that is availble in the standard 805, in fact the manuals go so far as to say "if you are upgading from an earlier version you find some feature no longer availble in your version"

I can just see marketing saying "hey upgrade today !!! not only is it less stable and slower performing buts its also got less features see we simplyfy your life and provide job security"

This attitude from Oracle really really sucks, makes you think the unthinkable (that M$ are not so bad after all<vbg>)

Rob