Re: storing TIFFs in 7.1.5?

From: Timo Biesenbach <Timo.Biesenbach_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:30:11 +0100

Hi,
it can be done. The question is, how to get the files in and out. In SQL*Plus, it's very difficult. You can view and insert LONG-RAW columns as hex-dumps. What I did was to write a Java-Client Program which allows to store and retrieve binary files in Oracle Long-Raw columns. Currently I use it to up- and download Word and Excel documents to Oracle.

Greeintgs
Timo Biesenbach