Oracle 7.0.16 and AIX 4.2

From: Franky <fsoyer_at_futuroscope.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:08:49 GMT

First, excuse my english, I'll try to be understandable. We just upgrade our AIX system from 3.2.5 to 4.2. When trying to start the Oracle 7.0.16 database, it can't restart with some messages like:
0509-023 Symbol pw_xxxx not defined in sqldba I found an system extension called pw-syscall in /etc, which don't load because of invalid format. On another server with a 7.2.3 database, I find a "pw-syscall4.1". Try it. It suppress some messages regarding "pw-xxxxx", but we have always this others : 0509-023 Symbol shmprot not defined in sqldba 0509-026 System error: unable to execute file with invalid format

In the inittab, are also two extensions "adspc" and "adspcinit, which can't load also because "invalid format",and I can't find them on the 7.2.3 server.

Is the upgrade unavoidable ? Or as anybody some "tips" ? Thank you for responses. Received on Thu Mar 18 1999 - 07:08:49 CST