Can I store data in the indexes and not the tables ?

From: Stephen Vear <vears_at_logica.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:30:21 +0100

I have an index onto a table where the index consists of almost all of the attributes of the table. The size of the index is actually bigger than the table. It is therefore duplication to also store these values in the table. Is there a way to tell Oracle that some of the attributes should only be stored in the index ?

And if so, then what if one of these attributes is a foreign key to another table.

TIA Stephen Vear
vears_at_logica.com Received on Thu Mar 18 1999 - 04:30:21 CST