Remote package access

From: <dejanp_at_opensol.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:14:14 GMT

Hi,
I'm writing a procedure in development (DEV) database on one machine, which needs to access a package in database running on the second machine (TEST). To complicate matters, this package uses types defined in the production database on the third computer (PROD), to which I don't have direct access.

If I try to access to the data type defined in the package on the test machine I get following error:

SQL> @rmt_package
DECLARE
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-04052: error occurred when looking up remote object M.SA_TYPE_at_PROD
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found

Do you have any idea what's wrong here? Any suggestion in which direction to go?

Regards,

Dejan Polomcic
Auckland, New Zealand