Re: Oracle8, ADO & MS Access Conversion...Need Help!!!

From: D.M. <xyzzy_at_billthecat.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:21:06 -0600

In article <7co6d6$f9k$1_at_camel25.mindspring.com>, jsherman_at_stv.org says...
> We are upgrading our 3-tier Activer Server Application which currently uses
> an Access backend to Oracle 8. The middle tier is VB6. We are using ADO,
> using ODBC.
>
> Are there any problems that we may run into?
> Is ADO going to be "problematic"?
> Oracle provides an upgrade wizard from Access. Is it reliable and safe?
>
> Thanks...John Sherman
> Project Manager - Oracle Implementer

Be sure you download the latest Oracle ODBC driver (8.0.5.3) as there is a bug with previous versions and ADO 2.0. It seems to return an empty recordset as a response to any Source statement. I found this out after an afternoon of fruitless debugging...

Mike Mattix
dmmattix_at_earthlink.net Received on Wed Mar 17 1999 - 22:21:06 CST