Re: 8i NOT include JVM? An "option"?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 06:47:09 +0100

I can't confirm, but it would not surprise me. TPO (transaction processing option, ie row level locking) came as a separate option in the early days of Oracle 6. With Oracle 7 it became part of the standard kit. Of course, TPO was one of the important changes and reasons to go from 5 to 6.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA