Recreating Oracle environment

From: Omar Gillani <omar.gillani_at_bellsygma.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 19:37:24 -0500

Greetings Folks:

What is the best method for recreating a production Oracle environment = to a test Oracle environment? Assuming we cannot do a backup/restore of = a production machine, what would be the best method?

Are Export and Import the only options, or can we do an image-copy? Is = there a utility in Oracle to do an image-copy?

If we were to do an Export and then an Import, we have to pre-define the = DB structure on the test machine and then perform the import?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Regards,

Omar Received on Wed Mar 17 1999 - 18:37:24 CST